Coaching institute has become a part of the education system in India. The popularity of coaching institutes has increased 35% more than in the last five years. 95% of the high school students take up coaching classes for most of the subjects. Have you ever wondered how to grow your coaching business? We all know the potential is soaring like never before.
The market size of coaching classes in India is expected to reach USD 500 million by 2022. The coaching classes market is primarily driven by an increase in the number of students pursuing higher education and professional courses. Furthermore, rising preferences for high-quality education among parents has driven the demand for coaching centres in recent years.
India is one of the fastest emerging markets in the world and has experienced significant growth in per capita income and educational standards. India offers great potential for universities and educational institutes to expand their student intakes. Moreover, India accounts for over 29% of the population from the age group under 18 that goes to schools. This offers significant potential for the coaching classes to launch their coaching centres. Furthermore, parents’ reliance on coaching classes is expected to escalate the coaching classes market in India.
- IIT-JEE has around 10,000 seats, yet more than 200,000 apply for the exam.
- More than 770,000 show up for the NEET for an insignificant 2,140 seats.
- Most of the students who appear for these exams opt for coaching in some of the well-known coaching brands
- Despite the miserable proportion of the students accepted in engineering or medical institutes, there is nothing stopping student applying for the exams
Coaching institutes have been growing exponentially and will continue so in coming times as well. The report segments the market as schooling and pre-schooling, higher education and university level courses, professional vocational courses, skill development courses, crash courses and competitive exams, and others.
Reasons for Growth of Coaching Institutions:
- Robust Demand: India has currently 250 million school going students as per IBEF report. This presents coaching industry a huge market for growth.
- Competitive Advantage: India has competitive advantage to its counterparts due to large English-speaking population. This allows easy delivery of educational products for students to access.
- Increasing Investments: The education market in India is expected to amount 225 billion USD in FY25. Ed-tech market in India is also projected to reach 10.4 billion USD in 2025. This will be major factor behind the growth of coaching institutes.
- Exam Anxiety: The test fear is a significant attribute for trying out training classes. These classes are viewed as the most widely recognized arrangement among youngsters who need to exceed expectations scholastically.
- Extra Push: Even the most elite understudies have the opportunity to get better. And coaching institutes are known to provide this push.
When education and business meet each other, it is a boom! Who doesn’t want a good business to begin with? In Indian society, particularly, teachers have always been very highly regarded. In today’s highly competitive environment private coaching/tuition centres are the means for a successful business. If you are wanting to know How to grow your coaching business in India? Franchising is a very good option. Franchising opens lots of doors for expanding a business. With so much demand in the education sector, new business trends coming into the market has also accelerated the businesses.
India’s coaching institutes have an incredible opportunity given that around 580 million of the country’s populace lies in the age group of 5-24 years making it the largest population in this particular age bracket. This large market comes with lots of opportunities for the education sector in general and coaching institutes in particular. India’s education sector is expected to reach $225 billion by 2025. Expand your coaching franchise in India at different locations. With many Tiers 1 and 2 cities developing and wanting more coaching institutes, it is a sure shot success for ages to come.