There are a lot of things that need to be put in while working on a franchise proposal. An expert in the field of franchise consultancy can help you understand the franchise proposal.
The below mentioned are a few of the main pointer that has to be looked into while preparing a franchise proposal.
- Industry Understanding – Industry understanding is the first and the foremost important criteria that the franchise consulting company looks into to understand the right target audience and how to go about finding the right franchisee for your business.
- Business Description – Business description refers to understanding the complete business of the franchisor in terms of their target audience, target market, rules and regulations of the brand, functionalities of the business and more.
- Competitor Analysis – As the franchise industry is getting complex and competitive, it is important for the franchisor to understand its competition and keep track of their cards played in the industry.
- History of the Business – History of the business here refers to how the brand started and what are its future plans when it comes to franchising the business. It would also include details on what type of franchisee would be best suitable for the brand.
- Profiles of Founder & Directors of the Company – At this step, the franchisee has to understand the origins of the brand, the idea behind the brand and what is the legacy they wish to build with the brand.
- Financial Model – Financial model gives the franchisee the details in terms of initial investments, the ROI, details of the day-to-day expenses. It will also include details of franchise royalty to be paid in terms of percentage etc.
- Profile of the Prospective Franchisee & their Skill Sets – Understanding the profile of the franchisee is very important, as the image of the brand in the market is depending on them further on.
- Roles & Responsibilities of the Franchisor – The proposal will also include all the roles and responsibilities of the franchisor towards the franchisee. A few roles and responsibilities are – franchisee training, issuing of the operational and training manual for a better workflow of the employees. They also will be doing the initial marketing for the brand, handling financials etc. The franchisor should always provide on-going support at the initial phase of the business.
- Roles & Responsibilities of the Franchisee – A few important roles and responsibilities of the franchisee is – comply with the rules and regulations stated by the franchisor, build a positive image for the brand, work on customer loyalty for the brand, training the employees with the given set of rules and regulations etc. as per the training and operational manuals given to the franchisee. Handling marketing activities for the respective franchise business is also a duty of the franchisee.
- FAQ’s – The FAQ’s generally consists of answers of possible questions like – What is the investment for the franchise, the ROI of the business, what are the location criteria and its constraints, the percentage of the royalty or franchise fee for the brand, franchisee selection criteria etc.
There also a lot of other things that need to be kept in mind while building the franchise model and understanding the details of the same is also very important for the franchisor. We at Sparkleminds are there to provide complete support and educate you on the things to be taken care of while building a franchise model or also appointing the franchisees.