Our extensive experience with and understanding of franchisor / franchisee relationships and legal issues enables us to credibly and effectively resolve franchise disputes through mediation and arbitration. We have helped to resolve disputes involving a range of franchise businesses.
We have mediated and arbitrated the resolution of hundreds of disputes in India, in a broad range of subjects, size, and complexity. We bring to each case the know-how for resolving disputes acquired from 17+ years of experience as a franchise specialist.
Matters we can help you with:
- Dispute between national franchisor and a nationwide group of leading franchisees, including a key issue involving the franchisor’s development and distribution of software marketed online to the public in alleged violation of its commitments not to compete with its own franchisees in their territories, as well as licensing, marketing support, and other related issues.
- Dispute concerning franchisee’s alleged non-compliance with standards for quality in the appearance of the dealership, local marketing, service, and financial accountability.
- Dispute over franchise dealer’s attempt to sell its dealership, involving disputed qualifications of buyer and manufacturer’s exercise of right to approve buyer.
- Dispute over franchisor’s termination of franchise agreement and whether conditions for termination had been met.
- Disputes concerning compliance with state regulatory agencies.
- Disputes involving alleged violations of covenant not to compete, theft of trade secrets, use of trademark and intellectual property.
- Disputes of issues arising from audit of franchisee operations and finances, compliance with standards of practice.
- Franchise dealer’s claim that sales were improperly excluded from dealer incentive sales program, resulting in charge backs.
- Franchisee claim that franchisor attempted to unilaterally change the franchise agreement and impose greater burdens on franchisee.
- Franchisor’s complaints concerning franchisee’s compliance with requirements to invest capital, time, and best efforts in building and developing franchise in financial products business.
- Claim by exclusive distributor for territory for wrongful termination of exclusive distribution agreement and for other breaches.
- Dispute between manufacturer and franchise dealer regarding financial responsibility for consumer product claims, and whether claims were manufacturer’s warranty or dealer’s service responsibilities.
There are many more reasons for a franchise dispute which are not listed above. Call us now to know how we can help you.