Why Franchise your Business?
You might be aware of the term “Franchise” or “Franchising”. So ever wondered how to become a franchisor and expand your business across the world? Yes? then you would be glad to know, business owners tend to adopt a franchise model than starting company-owned outlets.
Hence, your business has to set a milestone and understand from where you could start expanding. Because when you decide to expand, it can cost you a lot and being a startup, it becomes hard. Thus, the franchising model comes into the picture. If you opt for franchising; your major part would be to design a franchising model for the business. Once the model is ready, you are good to start with the expansion of business in the desired demographics.
Sounds easy? But this takes a lot of research about the territory, market demands, cost calculations and more of brainstorming. Furthermore, the biggest task is to find the appropriate business seekers as a franchisee. Therefore, the team of Sparkleminds comes in picture. We not only help you in designing the franchise model but also help you choose the most suitable one.
Should I Franchise my Firm?
Pondering upon should I franchise my business is common among business owners, regardless of the age of the business. The best way to upgrade your knowledge on this is- reading on topics or a discussion with a professional in this field. Sparkleminds has over 2 decades of experience in this industry. We provide complete support to growing/established entrepreneurs to learn about how useful it is to expand via franchise.
Is it the Right Time to Franchise your Business?
An entrepreneur must understand the right time to franchise one’s business. It is always great to start looking at franchising your business. Start the process only when your products or services have been accepted by the public, the market. Moreover, the target audience is well defined and generating revenue for at least a year. There are a few products and services which are hard to franchise, but with our expertise, they are also franchise-able.
One of the biggest dreams of an entrepreneur is to establish his/her business in every city across the world. It takes time and effort to reach that stage, in the industry you serve. There are a few points that need to be kept in mind before you start franchising your business:
- Do you have a Set Business Model?
- Do you have you the investment and Documentation in place
- Is your brand marketable and Ready to be Adopted?
Is Your Business Franchise Ready?
There are 10,000 + companies in India that have used a franchise model for them for expansion. There are also close to 5000+ companies which are going to join the bandwagon in the next 12-24 months with this, the market is at a pedestal to offer a variety of franchise opportunities to the entrepreneurs to start a business.
Franchising is the most preferred ways to expand business in their home country and countries across the globe. Business expansion via the franchise mode has proven to be successful and effective, for large companies as well. Big brands have believed franchising as a successful means to expand base be it a mid-size or a small company
So, now you know the potential of franchising and what it can do to help you expand your business. Let’s start with the evaluation check of your business. You could also take the franchise quiz at Sparkleminds to get a score of where your business stands currently and whether you are really ready to start franchising.
Requirements to start a franchise
There are a few criteria’s that need to be in place before one looks at franchising their business.
- The first part is to have demonstrable success in place. You will need to have a few outlets, at least a couple, that are already profitable and have been running successfully for at least 12 months. This creates the base for the franchisor to learn and adapt to the customer requirements. In case the franchisor wishes to have the first outlets through franchises, then they may need to invest additionally from their end in the first couple of franchises until they have cracked the success formula and have at least one year of profitability in place for every individual outlet that is operating.
- Legal Identity – It means that if you are selling a product or a service it is required to have a trademark/ service mark for the same.
- Business Prospective – The business venture should be set up on long term goals and should be in a position to sustain for the next decade or more. The more unique your business, the better it will be Franchisable.
- Franchisee Guidance – The business model of the venture must be easily explainable or teachable to the franchisee. The franchisor should be well-versed with the intricacies of the business, and should be in a position to give all the required training to all its franchisee and educate them on running the business successfully. The, required skill-sets for the franchise to function effectively should be taught to every franchisee owner and the skills should not be limited to the original franchise owner.
- Resource Provision – The Franchisor should be able to provide brief information about the business along with the costs that could be incurred while setting up the franchisee. It is a must for a franchisor to abide by the protocols of the franchise business. Once the business is performing good, the franchisor can collate the operations and prepare a manual for further use.
- Team Managing – The franchisor should be able to hand costs of the new franchisee and also train & educate them on spending the right amount of money to pay salaries or recruitment of employees etc.
How to become a franchisor
The process of expanding business starts when you have successfully established your first outlet and have a huge database of happy and satisfied customers. This is when you should look for other locations, markets and (or) cities for expansion. While making the plan, conduct the research about your requirements and the optimum locations for reaching out to the right customers.
Since India is well-diversified there are high chances of the products or the service to be accepted in other cities and expanding the market base. There are a lot of ways to expand your business in India i.e. Joint Venture with existing businesses, own stores or franchising to interested franchisor.
The most preferred method of expansion is by reaching out to the franchise consultants. So, if you want to contact one of India’s most experienced consultants then Sparkleminds would be the ideal platform for you. The Franchise Consultants at Sparkleminds can help you understand the potential of your brand, and also provide valuable insights on how to franchise your business and make the franchising process easy for you. We have been in the industry for over 20+ years and have worked with a plethora of brands. At Sparkleminds we have understood that every brand is unique and need a customized franchise strategy, support for the same.